The main objectives of the project are: to strengthen the indigenous organizations for the exercise of human rights and the promotion of the rights of the Declaration
The desired results are the strengthening of indigenous organizations in relation with the Declaration of United Nations and their mechanisms of implementation, taking actions and preparing programs for the exercise of rights.
The planned actions are:
1.1 The carrying out of training courses on the declaration and human rights for leaders in:
- Ecuador through Tukui Shim and CONAIE.
- Argentina through the Confederation and the Observatory.
- Paraguay through CAPI and ACIDI.
- Colombia in Caño Mochuelo.
1.2 Workshops to raise awareness and spread human rights and the declaration in the communities.
1.3 Publications on the implementation of rights since the implementation of the Declaration.
- Publication in Ecuador (comparative report of the Constitution and the Declaration).
- Publication on the exercise of the territorial rights in the Interamerican system.
- Informative material on the Declaration.
2.1 Advice and definition of strategies to implement the rights in the international arena.
2. 2. The support and escort to the carrying out of defense actions and promotion of rights, including strategies of international action (the project would begin with the same organizations we will make the training courses).
- Proposals of regulations and political negotiations.
- Defence of rights in trials against indigenous organizations and people.
- Lawsuit to implement rights.
- International actions of condemnation and support.
2. 3. Support and escort for the consolidation of observatories on indigenous rights.